Friday, August 2, 2013

Washi Tape.. part 1

Since Jason has been born time I get on pinterest or blogs is really a treat but thankfully he is getting a better nap schedule.. which means I have more time to do my own thing. One thing I have been seeing a lot of all over the place is cool crafts done with washi tape... like these:
and so when I spotted a bunch of cool designs at a euro store here I had to get some and try some things out!
I got all of these for 3 euros! score!

I started with some simple projects... and today I will post the first one.. I decided to decorate a candle for our living room.. I got a simple vanilla candle from the IKEA and this project took me maybe 30 seconds.. here are the results




I decided to do some tealight candles too and I think they came out really cute..


I think they would be cute as gifts and they are super easy to make.. and super affordable which is always a plus!
what do you think?

I will post another craft I did with the tape soon.. but I'm trying to think of even more. Do you have any ideas for me?

I hope you are having a wonderful day! (and that I didn't lead you into too much pintrest temptation!)
xoxo Carly

4 comments:

  1. Ziet er heel leuk uit Carly, waar heb je dat zo goedkoop gekocht? Je kunt het ook gebruiken voor kaarten maken.

    http://pinterest.com/jannybeimers/card-making-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Janny!
      ik heb ze bij de Wijbra gevonden! en een leuke idee!
      xo

      Delete
  2. Possibilities are endless, use it instead of clear tape to wrap up some presents. On a tag for on the presents, close your envelopes with washi tape they look much cuter with it. Wrap it around a pencil to match it with a note book. You can mark your keys ( http://pinterest.com/pin/240872280043354489/ ) with it. On thumbtacks, clothespins (the little one's are fun to use on a present with a tag between it.) What do you think of the little wooden boxes from the Xenos or decorate a little tea box. You can use the washi also as nail art. And maybe for later? making a road on your floor for Jason to play with his cars, after he played with it you can remove it easily. I use it to make tabs in my Bible. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so many amazing ideas! I think I'm going to become addicted to it.. haha.
      xo

      Delete