Thursday, September 5, 2013

Words to live by...

Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. this one is a bit tougher than the first prompts for this challenge. I have had some amazing examples, gotten wonderful advice and and heard countless awesome sermons but while thinking more about this one moment kept popping up in my mind.  

Coming up in just a couple weeks my husband and I will be married for 4 years (I can't believe it!) but my grandparents are now married for almost 54! They celebrated their 50th anniversary just weeks before our wedding. At our reception my grandpa took us aside and gave us a blessing... and some words of advice... and they have come back to me time after time.

Forgive always. Don't always have to be right. And bring her coffee in the morning (which my Nana seconded!) Most of all, keep God at the center of your relationship. 

so glad the moment was captured! 

Because of the distance we don't get to see my grandparents as often as I would like, but their example and advice has meant so much to me. Desmond and I often say we want to be like them.. still holding hands 50 years from now! 

What advice have you gotten that has always stuck with you?

xo Carly


2 comments:

  1. yes, great advice - along the same lines...

    "An apology doesn't mean you were wrong or the other person was right, it just means that your relationship is more valuable than your ego"

    sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words from a wonderful man! I'm so blessed to have him as my dad.

    ReplyDelete